Source One has been retained by our client, a banking industry leader based near Chattanooga, Tennessee (relocation package available), to help them find a full-time, permanent Category Manager. Reporting directly to the Assistant Vice President/Group Director within a global team, this highly visible role provides frequent interaction with executive level stakeholders, and requires someone with a proven track-record of delivering value and driving strategy.
What will I do?
Who should apply?Education/Experience:
- Engage closely with business partners to develop deep understanding of business goals and objectives and influence supplier alignment
- Establish and foster successful, positive working relationships between internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Develop, influence and implement category strategies across the business, including development and execution of RFX documents; develop selection criteria and drive selection of suppliers in collaboration with cross-functional teams; conduct supplier negotiations and ongoing supplier management
- Establish a strategic roadmap (3-5 years ahead) that supports business objectives for the assigned category areas
- Proactively lead market-intelligence gathering and analysis activities.
- Manage and improve supplier diversity within our supply base and support local economic development programs
- Develop and communicate category strategies to leaders and cross-functional teams to ensure that business expectations are met
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business Administration, Supply Chain Management preferred) and at least 5-8 years of Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, Category Management, Supplier Management experience or equivalent work experience; MBA preferred
- Global sourcing experience preferred
How to Apply:
- Proven track record of success in Category Management, including category strategy development, sourcing, performance management, and supplier performance management
- Ability to develop a deep and thorough understanding of business category goals and objectives as they relate holistically to the enterprise
If interested, please apply on our web portal: http://contractors.sourceoneinc.com/
. Make sure to include your salary requirements. Please do not contact the hiring manager directly.