Source One is a strategic sourcing and procurement consulting firm. Many of our clients look to us to provide category managers, procurement transformation strategists, analytics experts and supplier relationship managers onsite to support their existing procurement groups Source One is seeking experienced IT Category Manager to provide onsite support for our growing list of Fortune 1000 clients. Qualified candidates will have deep IT category expertise and will be willing to work under a subcontractor/1099 relationship with Source One.
What will I do?
The qualified candidate will act as part of our consulting team and will provide consultative services that may include research, Request For Proposal (RFP) development, contract review, data analysis, and report drafting for our customers. You may be responsible for developing strategies to reduce cost of IT category services, acting as a consultant for our clients, while improving upon all qualitative aspects of the relationship with their suppliers. Job functions may include:
Who should apply?
- Supporting business functions utilizing IT category management strategies and sourcing best practices.
- Developing RFPs and executing a strategic sourcing strategy (go to bid, analyze responses, negotiate, etc.).
- Interface and communicate with project team, management, and stakeholders, and provide support with respect to Supplier Management/Procurement processes and policies.
- Identifying areas for cost reduction or value improvement within the supply chain
- Evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicts, and distinguishing user requests from underlying true needs.
- Assisting in the reading, negotiation and modification of large enterprise contracts.
- Conducting research activities to produce detailed reports related to competitive markets, sourcing strategies, cost savings opportunities and benchmarking.
- Monitoring industry trends and trade publications.
- Anticipates problems before they occur; defines the problem or risk; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT sourcing, procurement, analytics, operations or supply chain.
- Experience in consulting, supply chain and/or strategic sourcing are strongly preferred.
- Strong MS Office expertise, including demonstrated knowledge of formula writing in Excel.
How to apply?
- Solid working experience with service providers, including pricing, quality, and delivery.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent creative thinking skills with emphasis on developing innovative solutions to solve complex problems that may not have one clear answer.
- The ability to read and understand contracts and pricing proposals.
- Market Intelligence – gather and use market intelligence to improve negotiated results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing.
Complete the application at http://contractors.sourceoneinc.com/
. Please do not contact the hiring manager directly.